Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sunset from Airport Mesa, Sedona

 
What a perfect mesa for Sam. Even when we don't fly in the Quickie, we somehow end up at an airport. He hiked all the way around Airport Mesa, which took him around the edge of the Sedona airport. I'm a little disappointed in myself, because I felt vertigo looking down at the steep drop-offs next to the trail and ended up waiting on the mesa for him to return. An Indian lady selling jewelry told me he'd be gone for quite a while. There was nothing there to say how long the trail was, so I was glad that our cell phones worked and he kept he posted on his progress. While I waited, I had a wonderful view of Sedona below me to the west, north, and east, and I could walk around and climb the areas that weren't next to the drop-offs. A tour group came up, and I got to listen to the tour guide talk about how to experience a vortex and find your inner serenity. So I worked on that while I waited. I'm not sure if it was that or the dry weather, but I did feel better out there. When Sam returned, we drove on up to the airport restaurant and sat outside for dinner and then enjoyed this beautiful sunset.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home